It’s February in the Rocky Mountains and that means the return of the magic that is the WinterWonderGrass Festival. For the third year, this bluegrass festival is calling Steamboat Springs, Colorado home. If you’re new to this incredible festival, their vision explains it best: It’s grounded in the commitment to deliver the best and most authentic grassroots bluegrass and Colorado craft beer festival imaginable. This year’s lineup features the best of what the bluegrass scene has to offer including sets from Billy Strings, Trampled by Turtles, Railroad Earth, The Infamous Stringdusters, Fruition and many more! Steamboat Springs is opening its arms wide to welcome the bluegrass faithful for three days of music, microbrews, and infamous Champagne Powder ® skiing.
Like in years’ past, the 2019 show is sold out. If you weren’t fortunate (or fast) enough to snag tickets, have no fear: there is still plenty to do in our welcoming Colorado mountain town. To make sure your experience is the best it can be, here are some quick insider tips to keep your weekend rockin’:
- Breakfast (or brunch if you happen to roll out of bed a little later) is the best way to start your day. Steamboat boasts a great selection of amazing restaurants. Our go-to is Creekside Café on 11th. With delicious cocktails, strong coffee, and the best eggs benedict in town, you can’t go wrong. This is a popular spot so expect a bit of a wait. Check out all of the local breakfast spots here.
- Looking for more music? WinterWonderGrass After Dark will keep the party going with shows all over town including the Chief Theater, Schmiggity’s, the Steamboat Grand and the top of the gondola at Thunderhead Lodge. Hop on the free city bus if you are headed downtown. Check out the city bus schedule and other transportation options so you aren’t left out in the cold.
- After a night of dancing and boot stomping, recovery is necessary. Get your much needed R&R while you soak your tired bones in one of our famous local hot springs. Old Town Hot Springs is conveniently located downtown with several spring-fed pools, a fitness center, massage studio, and coffee shop for those needing a little caffeine boost. If you want to venture a bit out of town, a visit to Strawberry Park Hot Springs will fill your soul and mend your body. Located less than seven miles from town, Strawberry Park offers therapeutic thermal pools and a beautiful mountain setting.
- Like Colorado craft beer? Then check out the four breweries that call Steamboat home. Made right here in the Yampa Valley, the beers featured at these breweries are some of the finest you’ll find in the state. And in a place like Colorado, that’s saying a lot!
- Don’t forget your skis and board! Not a skier? There’s plenty of activities for non-skiers in Steamboat Springs. Check out our top 10 winter activities here.
Aided by a stacked lineup and its return to Steamboat, WinterWonderGrass’s seventh year is shaping up to be the best yet. Get up here!
For more information on WinterWonderGrass Festival, click here.