Top Free Things to do in Steamboat Springs
Looking to plan a memorable visit on a budget? With so much to do in Steamboat Springs, sometimes it can be hard to fit everything in. We’ve put together 10 of our favorite friendly-on-the-wallet activities for you to enjoy.
- Boogie on downtown for one of our Free Summer Concert Series events with great live music and a fun atmosphere for all ages.
- Whether you’re a fan of Eddie the Eagle or a Star Wars junkie, Movies on the Mountain at the base of Steamboat Ski Resort are a great way to relax after an action-packed day with the kids.
- Snap a photo on Lightning the Horse and try on a pair of cowboy boots at FM Light and Sons downtown.
- Pack a tube and float the Yampa River with friends. You can put in at the bridge at Mt. Werner Road and take out at the Transit Center just past downtown.
- Explore one of the many walking tours offered by Tread of Pioneers Museum, exploring Steamboat’s Olympic, natural and Western history.
- Check out the free July Fourth parade and fireworks show downtown during the Cowboys’ Roundup Days.
- Go for a hike along Spring Creek with the kids or the dogs and enjoy the bubbling creek alongside you.
- Go for a walk along the Yampa River Core Trail and watch as kayakers, rafters, and tubers pass by. Stop along the way and put your toes in the water.
- Enjoy the scents and sounds of the Yampa River Botanic Park, which features 50 different gardens. Relax and listen to Music on the Green, presented by Strings Music Festival. View the full schedule here.
- Make a splash at Burgess Creek Beach at the base of the Steamboat Ski Area. The shallow creek water and sandy beach is perfect for the little ones.
To learn more about all of the activities that you can do in Steamboat, click below.