Top Free Things to do in Steamboat Springs During the Summer
Looking to plan a memorable visit on a budget? With so much to do in Steamboat Springs, sometimes it can be hard to fit everything in. We’ve put together 8 of our favorite friendly-on-the-wallet activities for you to enjoy.
- Snap a photo on Lightning the Horse and try on a pair of cowboy boots at FM Light and Sons downtown.
- Pack a tube and float the Yampa River with friends. You can put in at the bridge at Mt. Werner Road and take out at the Transit Center just past downtown.
- Explore one of the many free walking tours offered by Tread of Pioneers Museum, exploring Steamboat’s Olympic, natural and Western history.
- Go for a hike along Spring Creek with the kids or the dogs and enjoy the bubbling creek alongside you.
- Take a scenic drive to the Flat Tops Wilderness Area. Pack a picnic for lunch at one of the several lakes scattered throughout the area.
- Go for a walk or bike ride along the Yampa River Core Trail and watch as kayakers, rafters, and tubers pass by. Stop along the way and put your toes in the water.
- Enjoy the scents and sounds of the Yampa River Botanic Park, which features 50 different gardens. Relax and listen to Music on the Green, presented by Strings Music Festival. View the full schedule here.
- Make a splash at Burgess Creek Beach at the base of the Steamboat Ski Area. The shallow creek water and sandy beach is perfect for the little ones.
To learn more about all of the activities that you can do in Steamboat, click below.