Locals' Favorite Bike Trails in Steamboat Springs
In Steamboat Springs, also known as Bike Town USA, we have a little something for everybody. Whether you're a beginner looking to advance your skills on two wheels or an experienced rider, you're sure to find something on our roads and trails. Get the inside scoop from longtime locals on favorite places to ride in and around the Boat'.
- "I love to get out on County Road 14, on my road bike." - Perry Ninger, Colorado Mountain College
- “My favorite biking trail is on Buffalo Pass, parking at Dry Lake and heading out from there. Whether we are cruising Panorama with our young son (with very little climbing and meandering trails through the woods) or hopping over to Flash of Gold, it’s a great time for the whole family.” – Traci Smith, Sotheby’s International
- "Yampa River Core Trail to Sunpies for a Hurricane." - Ulrich Salzgeber, Steamboat Springs Board of Realtors
- “There are so many great places to bike in the Yampa Valley. I love Rotary Trail for a leisurely ride that is perfect for all ability levels. It’s usually where I start my season. Then I head to Morning Gloria on Emerald. I like to take my time on this gorgeous and usually pretty quiet trail and I pack a little snack for when I reach the top. Pioneer at the Steamboat Ski Resort is a perfect intermediate trail, I’ll take the gondola up to avoid the uphill and then fly down the perfectly made switchbacks.” - Loryn Kasten, Steamboat Ski Resort
- “My favorite bike ride in town is on Emerald Mountain. Lupine up to Morning Gloria, down Quarry Mountain, Little Moab and NPR. Awesome trails and views!” – Kara Stoller, Steamboat Springs Chamber
To view more on all of our bike trails in Steamboat Springs, please click below.