Spring in Steamboat. Um, isn’t this everyone’s favorite time of year? We came up with 5 fantastic (literally make us jump up and down clapping) things about Steamboat in the spring!
- Groomer days. Enough said really, but I can’t think of anything more thrilling than throwing myself down perfectly fresh corduroy, regular or fakie, on to any run off the Sunshine Lift. After all, there’s a reason the Sunshine area has its name, and the spring definitely shows it off!
- Spring means sunshine, sunshine means goggle tans! Oh, and more importantly (but not by much), longer lift hours. Extended hours on lifts such as Christie Peak and Elkhead means more runs for everyone!
- The Bud Light Rocks the Boat Free Concert Series. It’s fantastic, it’s free. Check out the lineup.
- Après Ski. Let’s face it guys, the cool points double for happy hour when you’re sitting in the sunshine. However, some serious decisions need to be made for some skiers and boarders when considering spring favorite #2.
- Springalicious. Earning this title wasn’t easy, but these events and discounts show it justice: Cardboard Classic, Splashdown Pond Skim, Red Bull Butter Cup, free Los Lonely Boys and Katchafire/Wailers concert, and Ski Free Package. Well, I guess it is pretty darn Springalicious.
This is definitely not the WHOLE list, but it’s a good start. Now let’s hear what you guys have to say! What’s your number one, (literally make you jump up and down clapping) favorite thing about spring in Steamboat?