Locals' Favorite Hikes in Steamboat
Find your perfect hike when you come to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Better yet, get the inside scoop from locals who have been hiking our trails for years.
- “My favorite place to go for a hike is Blackmer on Emerald Mountain, especially if I’m short on time. It’s a great workout without being too long, and the view from the top is worth the climb.” – Kendall Perry, City of Steamboat Springs
- "Spring Creek Trail is flat and wide for a good part of it so you can walk side by side with friends." - Shannon Lukens, Steamboat Radio
- "My favorite hike is definitely upper Fish Creek Falls. It is a combination of beautiful views, relaxing sounds from the water, and great exercise." - Kim Weber, City of Steamboat Springs, a lifelong local and 5th generation Routt County resident
- "The Devil's Causeway is an annual adrenaline rush ritual for us." - Matt Eidt, Colorado Group Realty
- "I ride horseback, not a hiker, but my favorite trail is Red Dirt, just north of town off Elk River Road" - Kathy Stokes, PostNet
- "Love them all! Emerald Mountain, Uranium Mine, Lower Bear, Hahns Peak, Soda Creek, Ski Area "Upward Access." You name it!" - Darcy Owens-Trask, Routt County
To view more on hiking trails in Steamboat Springs, click below.