Locals' Favorite Places to Watch the Sunset In Steamboat Springs
The Yampa Valley is a mountain paradise for many, offering incredible views at every turn. Find out where locals like to go to watch the sunset in Steamboat Springs, Colorado and find your favorite spot.
- "From the Rodeo stands, there is so much energy and excitement that goes hand-in-hand with a beautiful sunset over Emerald Mountain." - Kim Weber, City of Steamboat Springs, a lifelong local and 5th generation Routt County resident
- “My favorite place for a sunset is the top of a local trail like Morning Gloria on Emerald so I can finish the day with a nice ride and a great sunset. Sunsets are always better when you have earned the view of them.” – Jon Wade, The Steamboat Group
- “The sunsets in the summertime are always spectacular from 20-mile road. Turn left at the library on 13th street and you’re on your way to a beautiful view. The sun is setting behind the Sleeping Giant and it is spectacular.” – Shannon Lukens, Steamboat Radio
- “The rooftops at Vaquero’s and Salt & Lime offer up great Mexican fare and the best views of the town as the sky lights up with orange and blue.” – Loryn Kasten, Steamboat Ski Resort
- “Grab a headlamp and your hiking boots and head up Blackmere Trail at least an hour before sunset. When you reach the top you are rewarded with an amazing view of town and alpenglow on the ski resort.” – Jia Carroll, Go Alpine
- "From the saddle of my bike. Actually, this is my favorite spot to see anything in Steamboat." - Amy Charity, SBT GRVL
To return to the Local's Favorites page and learn more about locals' favorite spots, click below.