Merchant Pass Member Benefits
The 2021/2022 Merchant Pass Program is available again for the upcoming season and is designed to bring augmented benefits to our community business partners. The Steamboat Merchant Pass Program allows your respective employees, both seasonal and year-round, to access special pricing on Steamboat Season Passes. Below is a summary:
- The Steamboat Merchant Pass will be for the Steamboat Ski Resort only and the price will be $999.
- The ability for employers and/or employees to pay the passes off over time will still be available.
- Merchant Passes are owned by the employer. If an employee ceases work for an employer during the season, the employer may redistribute that pass to another employee (transfer fee will apply).
- Merchant Passholders are able to purchase passes for qualified dependents with payment terms and deadlines.
- The same amount of Merchant Passes will be available to each employer based on the level of Chamber Membership. For more information regarding Chamber membership, please visit our benefits page.
- Refunds will be available only for valid documented medical reasons preventing the pass holder from skiing the remainder of the season or if the pass holder is hired by SSRC. A usage fee will be applied for each used day on the pass as well as a $50 processing fee.
- All Merchant Pass participants must be members in good standing with SSC by November 15, 2021.
- Intended for use only by employees of the businesses (dependents qualify for discounted rate); contractors and friends not eligible.
- No Kids Ski Free.
- Night skiing is included in the Merchant Pass
- First Tracks pass may also be added to any pass pending available inventory.
Payment, Transfers, and Refunds
- If purchased by 11/15/2021, SSC members are eligible to secure their employee's pass rates with initial non-refundable deposits of $99 per pass.
- After the 11/15/21 deadline, the deposit option will not be available, and all pass purchases must be paid in full. As well, any affidavits presented after 12/31/21 must be accompanied by full payment. Please plan accordingly.
- Refunds will be given only for valid documented medical reasons preventing the pass holder from skiing the remainder of the season or if the pass holder is hired by SSRC. A usage fee will be applied for each used day on the pass as well as a $50 processing fee.
- A transfer fee of $50 will be charged if a business transfers a pass to a new passholder.
- The total balance is to be paid no later than January 14, 2022. Single-pass accounts are due in full by December 1, 2021. Payments not made on time will result in the redline of all employee passes associated with the Merchant contract. Each merchant will be provided with a Statement of Account the first week of January, or the final week of November for single-pass accounts. A $75 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
- Any affidavits presented after December 31, 2021 must be accompanied by full payment in the form of a Merchant check or Merchant credit card.
- All Merchant transactions involving actual season pass issuance will be handled by the Main Ticket Office. All billing and other account transactions will be handled by the Pre-Sold Services department.
To Purchase Passes
In order to purchase Merchant Passes for your business, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Contact the Steamboat Springs Chamber to verify and/or update your Chamber membership status. Call or email Angelica Salinas 970-875-7004
- Complete and submit a Merchant Pass Agreement Request
- More information and documents for the Merchant Pass can be found below.
- For payments, billing inquiries, and season pass redlines, please contact the Pre-Sold Services office: 970-871-5269 email@example.com
Adult Steamboat Pass: $999
Important Dates and Benefits
Deposit: $99 (Must be purchased by 11/15/21)
January Payment Deadline: January 14
Single Pass Accounts Due: Dec. 1 for Single-Pass Account
Visit steamboat.com/merchantpass for more details.