September 6, 2019 | 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM | THE STEAMBOAT GRAND
Join the Steamboat Springs Chamber and the Steamboat Pilot & Today as they present the Annual Navigator Awards. This event is designed to recognize the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding Chamber members.
About the 2019 Event
The Navigator Awards distinguishes and honors leaders who have contributed and shaped the Steamboat Springs economy, and are visionaries behind today's outstanding businesses.
The awards are an opportunity to review the best business practices of successful entrepreneurs and set a benchmark of excellence for the years to come.
2019 Award Winners
- Business of the Year: Mountain Tap Brewery
- Business Person of the Year: Kerry Shea, Resort Ventures West, Ascent Real Estate and Cruisers Sub Shop
- Young Professional of the Year: Cole Hewitt, Yampa Valley Bank
- Service Excellence Person of the Year: Michael Guerrero, Rex's Family of Restaurants
This year's winners exemplify an exceptional commitment to the community, and their respective businesses, that make Steamboat an incredible place to live and work. We look forward to celebrating their accomplishments on September 6th at the Steamboat Grand.
Past Navigator Award Winners
See below for the past five years of Navigator Award Winners:
Business of the Year
2018: Freshies Restaurant
2017: Steamboat Springs Art Council
2016: The Chief Theater
2015: Steamboat Restaurant Group
2014: Yampa Valley Medical Center
Business Person of the Year
2018: Mark Walker
2017: Adonna Allen
2016: Scott Marr
2015: Bob Dapper
2014: Ed MacArthur
Young Professional of the Year
2018: Jason Peasley
2017: Tara Weaver
2016: Nick Sharp
2015: Glen Traylor
2014: Sarah Fox
Service Excellence Person of the Year
2018: Kelly & Jason Landers
2017: Barbara Robinson
- Nominations will open on July 1 and close July 19.
- Any Chamber member in good standing is eligible for the Business of the Year Award.
- Owners or general managers employed by Chamber members are eligible for the Business Person of the Year Award.
- Any Young Professional in the Steamboat Community or surrounding areas is eligible
- Any front line service professional employed by a chamber business is eligible
Navigator Awards Criteria
- Is actively involved in community projects that enrich the Steamboat Springs economy and community.
- Fosters a work atmosphere which encourages and supports employee development.
- Possesses a progressive management philosophy.
- Exhibits leadership among Steamboat businesses.
- Demonstrates positive support of the business community.
- Goes above and beyond the call of duty.