Routt County Business Relief Grants
Routt County grant funds are to be used by qualifying businesses to satisfy current business operating costs. By applying, each applicant agrees to use grant funds only for legitimate expenses directly related to the applicant’s business activities, including rent/mortgage, payroll, insurance, or other monthly business expenses that comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
For the nonprofit grant application, please visit the Yampa Valley Community Foundation link below.
1. Must have a Routt County-based business that started operations on or before March 10, 2020.
2. Must be a for-profit, independently owned local business and temporarily closed or experiencing dramatically limited operations due to COVID-19 Public Health Orders.
3. Have no more than 50 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions.
4. Be a registered business with the Colorado Secretary of State's office.
5. Be in good standing with Routt County for any permits, licenses, taxes, and fees.
6. Business consistently follows all local, state, and federal laws and regulations and operates in a neighborly manner.
7. Be in compliance with the executive orders pertaining to the public health emergency due to COVID-19 and all applicable statewide and local public health orders, including capacity restrictions and will continue into the future.
8. Businesses with more than one physical location in Routt County may apply for the grant program for one location only. For purposes of estimating FTE’s, the FTE count shall be based only on the specific location applying for the grant.
9. Corporately owned national chains may not apply for the grant program. However, individually owned franchise operators residing in Routt County are eligible.
10. A W-9 is requested.
11. Funding cannot be used for expenses already paid for by federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Limited funds are available for this program. Applications will be reviewed based on the eligibility criteria listed above and a weighted scoring matrix, which includes but is not limited to: demonstrated financial need directly resulting from circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic, community longevity, and total employment. Applicants are encouraged to include support materials in their submittal that help document the hardship described in the application, such as proof of payroll amounts before and after the pandemic, lease agreements, mortgage coupons, or financial statements. Income replacement is not an eligible CARES Act expense. Additional terms and conditions can be found on the application.
Important Dates and Application
The application period for this grant is now closed. Recipients will receive award notifications Dec 16-17.
Application Release Date: December 3, 2020
Application Deadline: December 10, 2020 at 12 p.m.
Award Notifications: December 16 - 17, 2020
Awards, Disbursement of Funds, and Reporting
A grant review committee will review all applications. Reviewers will determine eligibility, grant awards, and amounts. Once funding decisions are made, selected applicants will receive a Grant Award Notification via email and will be bound by all terms and conditions of receiving the grant as detailed in the Eligibility Guidelines, Application, and the Grant Award Notification.
Routt County reserves the right to offer awards different from the specified amount requested. Funds will be sent via mail directly to the business' mailing address unless noted otherwise in the application. Recipients may need to provide additional information including summary reports.
Terms and Conditions
Visit the link below to view the terms and conditions.