What to Know About COVID-19
Our priority is keeping travelers and locals safe. We are urging travelers and Coloradans to exercise personal responsibility to protect public health, especially populations at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19.
Routt County is experiencing community spread. Community spread (or transmission) means there are cases and outbreaks in communities where people are spreading the virus to other people. People may not know how they got the virus. Check the CDHPE data page to find out what is happening in all of Colorado.
Should I cancel my Spring trip because of COVID-19?
Yes. Now is not the time for unnecessary travel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Steamboat Springs in the future but be advised that now is not the time to visit. Please be respectful of our local public health efforts and front line workers and do your part to limit the spread.
On March 24, The Routt County Board of Health issued Public Health Orders to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and save lives in the community.
- The Order prohibits new visitors in hotels, motels, short-term rentals, and campgrounds. This includes all VRBO and Airbnb.
- The Order has been extended through May 31, 2020.
- More information on the Order as well as updates from the City, County, State and Federal Government is available here.
As this is a rapidly changing situation, it is important to have accurate information from reliable sources to minimize any unnecessary panic. Please rely on the official, trusted sources for information and not secondhand knowledge. Rumors and bad information spread faster than any disease out there, which only causes distress.
Stay informed with reliable, up-to-date information
People who have questions about COVID-19 can call CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers in English, Spanish and more.
Center for Disease Control: COVID-19 Information
Colorado Department of Public Health and Education: COVID-19 Information
UCHealth: Information on COVID-19
The U.S. Travel Association: Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Routt County has put together an impact website containing confirmed cases, active cases, tests administered, and more. Click the link below for more information.
Current Restaurant Hours
Events & Ski Area Updates
Steps to take if you display SYMPTOMS
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 and start showing symptoms (fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath), follow the steps below:
- Self Isolate: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 must isolate at their lodging/residence during their illness. You should restrict activities outside except for getting medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people. As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
- Call ahead before visiting a doctor. Call your medical provider or a nurse line first and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the healthcare provider’s office take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.
- For patients in Colorado who want to see a medical provider from the privacy of home, an online visit through UCHealth’s Virtual Urgent Care can be one of the easiest, safest ways to get help.