Presented by Strings Music Festival
The Strings 30th Anniversary Festival season opens with a night of Baroque favorites by Handel and Bach. Music Director Michael Sachs is featured on the Neruda Trumpet Concerto, with Martin Chalifour, Concertmaster of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, leading the Strings Festival Orchestra.
A list of performers and pieces is listed below:
- Michael Sachs, conductor and trumpet
- John Macfarlane, conductor
- Handel Entrance of the Queen of Sheba from "Solomon"
- Handel Concerto Grosse No. 1 in G Major Op. 6 HWV 319
- Neruda Trumpet Concerto in E-flat Major (Sachs)
- Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major, BWV 1048
- Bach Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068
Strings Festival Orchestra
Violin: Martin Chalifour (Concertmaster), Katherine Bormann, Bruno Eicher, Ellen dePasquale, Myroslava Bartels, Michael Ferri, Jun-Ching Lin, Scott Weber, John Macfarlane, Jeanelle Mossberg, Anya Wilkening
Viola: Wes Collins, Paul Murphy, Kathryn Sievers, Gabrielle Skinner
Cello: Tanya Ell, Kari Docter, David Rosen, Patricia Ryan
Bass: Leigh Mesh, Timothy Pitts
Oboe: Elizabeth Koch Tiscione, Michele Tosser Smith Trumpet: Michael Sachs, John Rommel, Michael Tiscione
Timpani: Jeremy Epp
Harpsichord: Joela Jones
Strings Music Festival invites you to mingle with the musicians at the champagne reception following the Opening Night Orchestra.
To purchase tickets, please check back after April 25 when tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. MST.