Following the morning of color and balloon launches at the Hot Air Balloon Rodeo, , the fun keeps going once the sun goes down. Head to the base of the Steamboat Ski Resort on Saturday night for an evening of sensory delight. The countdown to illumination will begin at 8:15 p.m. For more details on how to best enjoy this fun event, please read more below.
Your Guide to Navigating the Balloon Glow at Steamboat Ski Resort
Where to Watch & How to Get There
- For Up Close Viewing: Promenade walkway and the Torian Lawn in front of Slopeside
- Big Picture Viewing: Bear River Deck, Saddles Deck, Gondola Square, and Torian Plum Plaza
- Free Parking is available in the Knoll Lot. Paid parking is available in Gondola Square and Steamboat Grand Parking Structures. Ride a shuttle or free bus directly to the Gondola Square Transit Center. If you plan to walk to the event from the upper mountain, make sure to walk directly under the gondola.
- Please respect all closures and obey all signage instructions.
- The Maverick mini-golf course will not be open during this time and will not be available as a viewing area.
- Make sure to bring
- A camera or phone to take photos, use the hashtag #SteamboatGlow
- A flashlight or headlamp to light your way on the walk home
Please note, dogs are best left at home due to balloon hazards.