Following a morning of color at Bald Eagle Lake for the Hot Air Balloon Rodeo, the fun continues at the base of the Steamboat Ski Resort on Saturday night with an evening of sensory delight. Eight hot air balloons will participate in a Balloon Glow with the countdown to illumination beginning at 8:15 p.m. In the event of unfavorable conditions, the Glow will happen in a modified format called a “candlestick glow” that does not require inflation of the balloon envelope. The Balloon Glow will wrap up by 9 p.m. For more details on how to best enjoy this fun event, please read more below.
Your Guide to Navigating the Balloon Glow at Steamboat Ski Resort
Where to Watch & How to Get There
- For Up Close Viewing: Promenade walkway and the Torian Lawn in front of Slopeside
- Big Picture Viewing: Saddles Deck, Gondola Square, and Torian Plum Plaza
- Free Parking is available in the Knoll Lot. Paid parking is available in Gondola Square and Steamboat Grand Parking Structures. Ride a shuttle or free bus directly to the Gondola Square Transit Center. If you plan to walk to the event from the upper mountain, make sure to walk directly under the gondola.
- Please respect all closures and obey all signage instructions.
- All Land Up activities will be operational until 8 p.m. before the Balloon Glow.
- Make sure to bring
- A camera or phone to take photos, use the hashtag #SteamboatGlow
- A flashlight or headlamp to light your way on the walk home
Please note, dogs are best left at home due to balloon hazards.